HEALTHCARE AND SAFETY TRAINING
This course combines the theory and practice with regards to basic fire prevention, awareness and what to do in the event of a fire. As part of the training session, there is a practical demonstration where delegates are able to use a range of different extinguishers with live fire.
Who should attend?
This course is appropriate for Fire Marshal and Fire Wardens, those responsible for health & safety, supervisory and managerial staff or anyone who works on their own or may be in a position where they have to take responsibility for tackling a fire in the workplace.
The course will cover:
- The cost of Fire in the workplace
- Causes of workplace fire & their prevention
- Chemistry of Fire and how it spreads
- Hazard spotting and hazard reduction
- Daily and weekly Fire Checks / record keeping
- What to do when discovering a fire
- Evacuation procedures including protecting special needs and disabled staff and visitors
- Location and use of fire extinguishers
Benefits of the Course
This course combines the theory and practice of fire prevention and what to do in the event of a fire. As part of the training session, there is a practical demonstration where delegates are able to view a range of different extinguishers and walk around the environment.
Multiple-choice examination and continued course assessment by the trainer. Candidates must also be physically able to carry out the procedures detailed in the course outline, these include putting out a controlled live fire display with a fire extinguisher.
This course is run over half a day, beginning at 09:30 and finish by 12:30 or beginning at 13:00 and finish by 16:30.
This course will be run at our fit for purpose venue in Cardiff; alternatively we can provide this course at your choice of venue for an in-house course.