IOSH Manual Handling of People Train the Trainer
HEALTHCARE AND SAFETY TRAINING
Menter Training Ltd has had the privilege of working closely with the leading ‘Institution of Safety and Health’ (IOSH) who have approved and certified our course. This means that due to their scrutiny, you can be assured this course meets all current health and safety standards.
Who should attend?
The course is specifically designed to provide learners with the skills and knowledge required to deliver manual handling training to their own staff and is therefore ideal for those wishing to deliver a high standard of Manual Handling training to others.
All learners will need to provide evidence of health and social care experience, along with an in date Manual Handling certificate.
By the end of the course, you will:
- Gain knowledge of teaching styles and expectations
- Understand Manual Handling of People within a variety of Health & Social Care services
- Have detailed information relating to Manual Handling legislation within the UK
- Know the safe principles of Manual Handling of People
- Understand the limitations of Manual Handling and the effects unsafe practices can have
- Have knowledge of musculo-skeletal disorders and their impacts on individuals
- Learn safe techniques and practices to deliver to your own employees
- Assess learners in safe techniques and practices and provide constructive feedback
Benefits of the Course
This course can be tailored to the care standards within your local area – England, Scotland & Wales (All Wales Passport Scheme) – and will provide you with thorough support and guidance to enable you to design, deliver and implement safe practices in your organisation. Each learner will be provided with necessary resources and ongoing support, even after the course. Learners will receive an IOSH certificate on final moderation.
Learners will complete a detailed risk assessment; deliver a 20 minute Micro-Teach assessment on a set subject and undertake a 1 hour written exam. All examinations will be marked internally and moderated by IOSH.
This course is delivered over 35 hours. There will also be approximately 6 hours of home study and preparation.
Delivery of this course will take place out of our fit for purpose venue in Cardiff.